Published Date: 2018-05-04
Bakery products, which include breads, rolls, buns & cakes, cookies, crackers, wafers & biscuits, baking mixes, flours & others, are the single highest grossing product category in the gluten free market, which accounted for 49.04% of market share, in terms of sales volume in 2016. However, the other gluten free categories, which include a multitude of categories (including pizzas & pastas, cereals & snacks, savories and others) had the largest and volume sales in 2016.
Gluten free products have been described by consumers as: "a mainstream sensation, embraced by both out of necessity and as a personal choice toward achieving a healthier way to live."
Sales of gluten free products managed to increase by 4.98 billion USD worldwide in 2016 from 4.63 billion USD in 2015, and is expected to reach 8.57 billion USD by 2022 from 5.33 billion USD in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 9.98% from 2017 to 2022. Overall, the gluten free products market performance is positive, despite the weak economic environment.
Well over 15% of consumers are purchasing gluten free products as part of a healthy lifestyle not just due to dietary restrictions. Gluten free, once thought a fad, is now a global trend, and there are even more than 15% of households using gluten free products in North America.
* Perception by consumers that gluten free products are healthier
* 13% of consumers are eating/buying gluten free products to treat other heath conditions/symptoms
* Packaged Facts also found that food manufacturers are blending more ancient grains, such as quinoa and amaranth into their gluten free products, which increases nutrition, and may enhance flavor but also brings new and interesting products to market
* Gluten free products have improved in taste, quality and nutrition, consumers have more options and are buying, both, base ingredients and ready-to-eat packaged goods
* Improved product labeling, enhanced trust and confidence in ready-to-eat foods
* Diagnosis of celiac disease and gluten free sensitivity has grown with awareness of it by both consumers and health professionals. It often used to take up to 8 years for a diagnosis of celiac disease. Today with enhanced awareness and better diagnostic tools this number is dropping
* Small niche gluten free marketers have grown into national forces requiring communication tools that go beyond word of mouth
* Internet has given a voice to a target group that relied on word of mouth and support groups limited to local communities
* Smaller local communities that once did not have access to products from larger cities now have access with the Internet and next-day delivery nationally
The Global Gluten-Free Products Market Research Report 2018 report released by QYResearch provides a basic overview of the Gluten-Free Products industry, including definition, classification, application and industrial chain structure. Discuss development policies and plans as well as manufacturing processes and cost structures.
The report then focuses on major industry players in Global, including company profiles, product images and specifications, sales, market share, and contact information. More importantly, the Gluten-Free Products industry development trends and marketing channels were analyzed. Providing the main statistical data on the current status of the industry is a valuable guide and direction for companies and individuals interested in the market.
Click to view the full report：
QYResearchglobal focus on market survey and report
Media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org